SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE
SIGN IN SEARCH MENU
SOUTH AFRICA'S TV WEBSITE

Zakes Bantwini expresses his regrets about the "Bum Bum" video

TVSA Team
25 Nov 2014 11:00 Posted in ScreenTime with Nicky Greenwall

Coming up on ScreenTime with Nicky Greenwall this week (Wednesday, 26 November / 21h35):

House Music mogul Zakes Bantwini has admitted that even he has made some bad career choices over the years - particularly with reference to the video for his hit track "Bum Bum". 

Released in 2010 the video features the former male ballerina dressed in drag and teaching a class of women aerobics.

"Oh! Please I can't even watch!" said the Durban born performer when the video was played for him during the taping of an episode of the celebrity chat show Screentime With Nicky Greenwall.

"I hate this video!" he exclaimed, later adding, "I think it killed my song. I think when this video aired the song just died. Before that people were loving the song. Moral of the story - artists who are watching this interview - pay attention to you music videos. If you don't have an idea or you don't have budget - just don't."

The full interview is expected to air on Wednesday, 26 November at 9:35pm on e.tv with repeats on eNCA. The show also features former model and television presenter Claire Mawisa who discusses everything from her dreadlocks to her thoughts on tabloid media.

A clip from the show:

Only TVSA members can reply to this thread. Click here to login or register.

LATEST ARTICLES

New on TV today: Sunday 2 June 2024

D-Day is marked on HISTORY with two docs and ID investigates Fallen Idols: Nick & Aaron Carter.

Soapie Digest - June 2024

Cast your vote for your fave shows by tap-tapping through this wrap of all the teasers on TVSA.

New on TV today: Saturday 1 June 2024

Season 20 of The Bachelorette begins on M-Net, but Don't Forget the Lyrics on eReality.

Queendom Teasers - June 2024

As dark secrets are revealed, Mkhuseli begins to see his father in a new light.

Titli Teasers - June 2024

Titli's makeup gets washed away and the Mehtas see the bruises on her face.

New on TV today: Friday 31 May 2024

How to Ruin Love: The Proposal drops on Netflix and Survivor returns to M-Net.

Isitha: The Enemy 2 Teasers - June 2024

Jailbird alert! Rebs finds herself pleading with a warden to put her in a single cell.

Sibongile & The Dlaminis Teasers - June 2024

Sibongile's business receives a huge boost, but her joy soon turns to tears.

Bitter Sweet Love Teasers - June 2024

Kunal and Vandana rush to rescue Tara from kidnappers.

New on TV today: Thursday 30 May 2024

A drama and a comedy drop on Netflix and S3 investigates Young Sex for Sale in Japan.

LATEST SITE ACTIVITY

More activity at TVSA Central

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

LATEST SOAPIE TEASERS

You browser doesn't have Flash, Silverlight, Gears, BrowserPlus or HTML5 support.